Friday, April 6, 2007

Two little tykes

I don't know all that much yet about our next child, except that it's a boy and that he seems much more active than C was. I probably feel him kick more because I'm not as constantly busy like I was when I was pregnant with C; however, I also don't remember C kicking me all night long. This one does. Every time I roll over or get up during the night this little guy seems to wake up and start punching or kicking me, or at the least rolls around in there looking for a more comfortable spot. There have been times when I get a little scared that he's going to actually punch through the uterine wall, where it actually hurts, and other times when he seems to be stretching in both directions and I don't see how my body can be pulled like that. I'm guessing that all this means this new boy is going to give us a run for our money.

Don't get me wrong, C was not an easy baby. He didn't sleep well, day or night, for months and months until we took matters into our own hands. He cried a lot and for no apparent reason. He spit up a lot. My dreams of taking him to coffee shops, shopping, hanging out a park, etc. during my maternity leave were overthrown by my desperately needing naps whenever I could and by him falling apart at a moment's notice. And then he turned 6 months old and he became a different baby. Then he started to become the absolute delightful little boy that he is now. His most recent phase, and one that I hope never ends, is that he is incredibly polite. He says his thank yous, excuse me, please, bless you, all without prompting. He says these things to us and to anyone who helps him. It is incredibly sweet and wonderful. He is really pretty much a good kid. He listens most of the time, eats well, is easy going, sleeps great, laughs easily, is smart and funny. Makes me wonder what his brother is going to be like...

The other thing I know about the newest little tyke is that he might just resemble my father. I come from a family of big noses on my dad's side, and my dad is a fine specimen of this family trait. Our newest son seems to have a huge honker. But we will see, maybe it's just the camera angle? Either way, I think these 3-d photos are so totally cool and I can't believe we can already "see" our unborn baby! Take a look at our newest son!

At 22 weeks:


At 27 weeks:


Isn't he already perfect?!

2 comments:

grandma said...

I think the new son is gorgeous. "They" say the second child is the easier child, so maybe he is just giving you all the grief prenatally.
I love the blog. Keep it coming. Also it is interesting to me how similar the word for mother and father are to the Hebrew words...abba (father) and ema(mother).

Anonymous said...

Yes, he sure is perfect. Going to be as gorgeous as C - and that's not an easy thing to do!

He SO has D's nose. It's okay, when I had Gabe all I could think was that I just gave birth to my father in law - LOL! At almost 9 months old, Gabe has grown into his nose.

You grew into yours too :)

Lovely family.

Hi grandma! Hi little penis! I hope you have a name one day :)

Oh, BTW, so jealous about the 3D ultrasound! Gabe wouldn't cooperate at ALL, so we never got one. We only got a 2D one after shakin' him up enough to make K quite uncomfortable (that whole don't shake the baby bidness).

I can't wait to meet him!