Sunday, June 5, 2011

Home sweet home

J and I bought a house last month! We are now two weeks away from officially owning a home again, this time in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.

In 7 days I saw over 30 houses so I feel confident in our decision to purchase this house, although poor J flew in on a Thursday night, saw 6 of my top houses on Friday, and then we put in the offer on Saturday. For him it feels impulsive, but he is happy with the house too. In many ways it is a house I dream of owning. It is a house I will be happy to raise our children in. It is a house I can easily imagine sharing with dinner and house guests, full of laughter, kids running around, chinking wine glasses. The house looks like The American Dream.


The inside is contemporary, bright and airy. There is a beautiful screened porch opening off of the family room and I know those doors will be open at all possible times. The kitchen is also gorgeous, although I am worried about it being too small. And there are 6 bedrooms. I'm feeling a bit ridiculous saying that - our house has 6 bedrooms!?! And I am definitely worried about cleaning this large house! But it is beautiful, and we will have plenty of space to live in for many, many years to come.

The house is on a cul-de-sac on .25 acres. There is a beautiful backyard with a great jungle gym for the kids, and from what I hear there are lots of kids in the neighborhood. Our neighborhood is located adjacent to a large housing development that has several playgrounds, a community swimming pool, and a small town area with restaurants, grocery store, pediatrician offices, cafes, and boutiques which are all within walking distance of our house. I was hoping for exactly this and can't wait to walk over with the kids for coffee and treats!

We are excited. We are nervous. We are crazy stressed. We are anxious. We are curious. We are uncertain. We are expectant. We are hopeful.

The next two weeks will be absolutely insane! But at the end of it we will be back in the US and own a lovely new home!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new home! I looks beautiful, and who knows... maybe some day we'll come see it ;)

rlzimmerman said...

Beautiful! And sounds like a wonderful area!

Unknown said...

SO pretty! Can't wait to see! We love road trips and will for sure add N.Carolina to the list of stops:)

B said...

You are all welcome to come visit, that would be great!! Matter of fact, Carter has already requested that Peyton sleep in his room! :)