Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Indonesia's woes

Indonesia hasn't had a very good past 24 hours. Last night there was an earthquake on the island of Sumatra with 70 people reported dead. I just saw this morning that a plane burst into flames after landing in Yogyakarta in Central Java (Jakarta is in West Java). They're not sure what the casualties are yet. But, I wanted to let you all know that we're fine, despite the floods, earthquakes and mechanical failures...

My mother sent me a nice list of the recent disasters in Indonesia from CNN's website. It's not a pretty picture. Between all the natural and transportation disasters, Indonesia is having a hard time of it of late. And my parents were worried when I went to Mali in the Peace Corps. Ha!

1 comment:

MBD said...

We hold you guys in prayer continuously. Stay safe. Give C a hug from his Pittsburgh relatives.
Love you!
MJ and MB